Operating rooms are spacious, easy to clean, and well-lit, typically with overhead surgical lights, and may have viewing screens and monitors.Operating rooms are generally windowless and feature controlled temperature and humidity. Special air handlers filter the air and maintain a slightly elevated pressure. Electricity support has backup systems in case of a black-out. Rooms are supplied with wall suction, oxygen, and possibly other anesthetic gases. Key equipment consists of the operating table and the anesthesia cart.
In addition, there are tables to set up instruments. There is storage space for common surgical supplies. There are containers for disposables. Outside the operating room is a dedicated scrubbing area that is used by surgeons, anesthetists,ODPs (operating department practitioners), and nurses prior to surgery. An operating room will have a map to enable the terminal cleaner to realign the operating table and equipment to the desired layout during cleaning.
In PSH, we have 6 comfortable OT room for patients. We are concerned with cleanliness and always follow the safety procedures set by the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
Find a Doctor
New Consultant On Board
- Dr. (Mr) Noorharisman Bin Ideris (Resident General Surgeon)
- Dr.Uduman Ali Mohamed Yousof (Resident Neurologist)
- Datuk Dr. Ismail Bin Sagap (Visiting General & Colorectal Surgeon)
- Dr. Prakash Mayandi (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Sukhilmi Bin Othman (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Nurul Dayana Bt Nordin (Visiting Radiologist)
- Dr. Krishna Kumar S. Katheraveloo (Visiting General & Vascular Surgeon)