Hemodialysis, also spelled haemodialysis, commonly called kidney dialysis or simply dialysis, is a process of purifying the blood of a person whose kidneys are not working normally. This type of dialysis achieves the extracorporeal removal of waste products such as creatinine and urea and free water from the blood when the kidneys are in a state of kidney failure. Hemodialysis is one of three renal replacement therapies (the other two being kidney transplant and peritoneal dialysis). An alternative method for extracorporeal separation of blood components such as plasma or cells is apheresis.
Our Haemodialysis Department Unit (HDU) has 35 units of dialysis machines. We operates two shift from 7.00 am to 5.30 pm, 6 days a week including public holidays. After hours, our on-call team standby for any emergency cases. Our hospital has two resident nephrologist supported by a team of trained and experienced staff.
We also cater for outstation visiting dialysis patients, but need to make prior appointment.
- Normal days:
7.00 am to 5.30 pm (Monday to Saturday)
Trained personnel are on call 24/7 as requested by the Resident Nephrologist
We are located at:-
3A Floor, Putra Specialist Hospital (Melaka)
Find a Doctor
New Consultant On Board
- Dr. (Mr) Noorharisman Bin Ideris (Resident General Surgeon)
- Dr.Uduman Ali Mohamed Yousof (Resident Neurologist)
- Datuk Dr. Ismail Bin Sagap (Visiting General & Colorectal Surgeon)
- Dr. Prakash Mayandi (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Sukhilmi Bin Othman (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Nurul Dayana Bt Nordin (Visiting Radiologist)
- Dr. Krishna Kumar S. Katheraveloo (Visiting General & Vascular Surgeon)