Personal Data Protection Notice
NOTICE OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Personal Data Protection Notice for Putra Specialist Hospital (Melaka) Sdn Bhd ("Notice") Putra Specialist Hospital (Melaka) Sdn Bhd ("PSHMSB") respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that PSHMSB may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our websites or by email.
1.1 Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to PSHMSB for the purposes stated in Section 2 below.Your personal information may include your name, Mykad number, contact details, financial and banking account details, medical history and information, CCTV/security recordings and location tracking/GPS information.
1.2 Source of personal information
i) Patient or potential patient/customer: PSHMSB collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your legal representatives (family members, next of kin), insurer, agents (e.g. medical tourism agents) and/or employer when you, your legal representatives, insurer and/or employers who send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in our premises. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
ii) Independent consultants or potential independent consultants: PSHMSB collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from headhunters when you and/or our headhunters send us completed enquiry and/or application forms or curriculum vitaes via various means, including online and physical hardcopies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.iii) Vendor, supplier or service provider: PSHMSB collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your employer or credit reference agencies when tendering for projects, when you send us completed enquiry and/or credit application forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
1.3 Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
Purposes of collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal information
For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers: Your personal information is collected and further processed by PSHMSB as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your requested medical services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events; So. to facilitate your medical practice within PSHMSB, including sharing your personal data with other independent consultants within PSHMSB for purposes of peer review;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to your medical practice;
- to process your credit account application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction (tender award, contract for service, consignment agreement);
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to conduct internal statistical analysis and analysis of patient case studies;
- to comply with PSHMSB's legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device; and
- for PSHMSB's internal records management.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from PSHMSB, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the "unsubscribe" option provided in PSHMSB's email blasts or you may contact PSHMSB at the details provided in Section (5) below.
Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Within Putra Specialist Hospital Group
Your personal information provided to us may be processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within the Putra Specialist Hospital Group (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners), especially when you are an employee of any company within the Putra Specialist Hospital Group. PSHMSB will ensure that:i) access to your personal information is restricted to staff who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements;ii)only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
3.2 Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to the relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or reorganization (`Transaction'), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit PSHMSB to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.For patients or potential patients/customers, independent consultants, potential independent consultants, vendors, suppliers or service providers: Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:So. The Ministry of Health or any other statutory or non-statutory authorities or bodies having authority or jurisdiction established by the MOH and other relevant government departments or agencies :
- Relevant accreditation bodies such as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) or ISO certification Agency;
- Our independent consultants and specialists within PSHMSB;
- Third party private healthcare institutions or government healthcare institutions; So. In the case of pre-employment health screenings, to the patient's employer / prospective employer;
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, consignment vendors, contractors, conference/event organizers, other advisers, and insurance companies);
- The respective foreign embassies of foreign patients who received treatment in PSHMSB; and
- Law enforcement agencies, including the local police.
4.1 Links to other sites
Content in PSHMSB's website may include links to other sites, these sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
Right to access and correct personal information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavor to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly.If you would like to access or correct your personal information or have any enquiries, please make your request in writing to the contact details as below:
Chief Executive OfficerNo.169, Jalan Bendahara,75100 Melaka, Malaysia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax number: (606) 281 0518
Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act 1998 (Amendment) Order 2013
Please note that the manner in which PSHMSB processes your personal data will also be subject to other industry-specific laws and guidelines such as Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act 1998 (Amendment) Order 2013 (PHFSA), Ministry of Health guidelines etc.Your right to access personal data may be restricted if it is regulated under any other law. For example, access to medical records will be in accordance with the PHFSA.
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.
Find a Doctor
New Consultant On Board
- Dr. (Mr) Noorharisman Bin Ideris (Resident General Surgeon)
- Dr.Uduman Ali Mohamed Yousof (Resident Neurologist)
- Datuk Dr. Ismail Bin Sagap (Visiting General & Colorectal Surgeon)
- Dr. Prakash Mayandi (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Sukhilmi Bin Othman (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Nurul Dayana Bt Nordin (Visiting Radiologist)
- Dr. Krishna Kumar S. Katheraveloo (Visiting General & Vascular Surgeon)