Cardiothoracic & Cardiology
Cardiothoracic surgery, also known as thoracic surgery, is a field of medicine involved in the treatment of organ surgery in the chest which in principle is the treatment of heart and lung conditions.
Cardiology is one of the medications associated with heart problems and the circulatory system. Among the areas involved include medical diagnosis and congenital heart defect control, coronary artery disease, heart failure, heart valve disease and electrophysiology.
Cardiologists who are experts in cardiology are called as cardiologists, who have expertise in internal medicine. Children's cardiology is a pediatrician specializing in cardiology. Doctors specializing in cardiac surgery are called cardiothoracic surgeons while doctors who are experts in general surgery are heart or cardiac surgeons.
Although the cardiovascular system is closely related to the blood, cardiology is somewhat irrelevant to hematology and its disease. Some exceptions that affect heart function are blood tests (electrolyte disorders, troponin), lower oxygen carrying capacity (anemia, hypovolemic shock), and coagulopathy.
Find a Doctor
New Consultant On Board
- Dr. (Mr) Noorharisman Bin Ideris (Resident General Surgeon)
- Dr.Uduman Ali Mohamed Yousof (Resident Neurologist)
- Datuk Dr. Ismail Bin Sagap (Visiting General & Colorectal Surgeon)
- Dr. Prakash Mayandi (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Sukhilmi Bin Othman (Visiting O&G)
- Dr. Nurul Dayana Bt Nordin (Visiting Radiologist)
- Dr. Krishna Kumar S. Katheraveloo (Visiting General & Vascular Surgeon)